Hours of work: Full-time Teachers hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Midday, Monday 21 June 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Telscombe Cliffs Primary School and Nursery, Telscombe Cliffs Way, Peacehaven, East Sussex, BN10 7DE
Phone: 01273 583 113
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted
About the role
CLASS TEACHER - Year 6: MPS to UPS 5
Required from 1st September 2021
An opportunity has arisen for an inspirational, ambitious and highly motivated qualified teacher to join our dedicated team in September 2021 at an exciting stage in the school’s development.
Telscombe Cliffs Primary and Nursery School is a vibrant and popular three-form entry primary school near Brighton in East Sussex. We pride ourselves on our inclusive, aspirational approach and seek to promote the values of Respect, Equality, Aspiration, Collaboration, Courage and Achievement which we weave into the life and work of the school.
We are looking for an individual who:
- Is ambitious, passionate and aspiring leaders of learning, enthusiastic about all aspects of learning and teaching.
- Has strong subject knowledge across the primary curriculum, especially in the core subjects.
- Has consistently good or outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievement and behaviour for all pupils.
- Is willing to make a significant contribution to the life of the school.
- Has high expectations of yourselves and the children and are dedicated to ensuring that all of our children achieve their very best.
- Is extremely well organised and have the ability to plan effectively as well as deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum to meet the needs of all pupils.
- Can make a significant contribution to the values, ethos and the development of our school.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work closely with colleagues as part of a dynamic team.
- Is patient and caring with a good sense of humour and have a positive outlook.
We will offer you:
- Fantastic children who are genuinely a real pleasure to teach, enjoy school and work hard.
- A happy working environment with a positive and inclusive ethos.
- A strong, committed and collaborative leadership team including senior and middle leaders with a distributed leadership model.
- High levels of evidence informed CPD.
Specific to the post:
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated teacher who is ambitious and loves teaching; you will be dedicated, enthusiastic, highly motivated, have great subject knowledge and know what it takes to be the very best.
We are open to applications from all good teachers whatever your level of experience is.
If you believe you can make a positive and significant contribution to drive our ambition, achieve excellent outcomes for our children, support our culture and values with passion, then we look forward to receiving your application.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities, we ask that all applications are submitted using our application form which are available from the school's website - www.telscombcliffsprimary.co.uk or by contacting the school office on 01273 583113 during normal school hours (term time) or 07947 516859 (outside of school hours).
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school office to make arrangements or want to discuss the post in more detail.
More information about the school is available on our website.
Closing date for applications: Midday, Monday 21 June 2021.
Interviews planned for: Week beginning 28 June 2021
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check, satisfactory references and medical form completion.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.