Hours of work: 23.5 Hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time and term-time only etc.
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Fixed term for: 12 Months
Closing date: Thursday 01 July 2021
Interview date: Friday 09 July 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Ark Little Ridge Primary Academy
Little Ridge Avenue
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
1:1 Learning Support Assistant - Ark Little Ridge Primary Academy
This is an excellent opportunity to join our highly driven and supportive Inclusion Team and to have the opportunity to work alongside excellent teachers, providing academic and SEMH (social, emotional and mental health) support to vulnerable pupils with SEND (special educational needs and disabilities).
You will be part of a successful, positive team, who work collaboratively to give all pupils the opportunity to achieve and be successful. There will be the chance to work with the class teacher to plan, scaffold and differentiate core learning for the children. As well as providing academic intervention, you will support the children with their SEMH and social interaction needs.
- Be committed to raising attainment and supporting vulnerable pupils of all primary age ranges
- Have a passion for supporting and enhancing the learning and development of all children
- Have a resilient character and a strong personal drive
- Have an unwavering determination to work with students of all abilities
- Be committed to continually improving classroom experiences for children with SEMH needs
- Communicate effectively with school staff to enhance the provision for our LACs (Looked After Children)
- Have experience of working with vulnerable children with SEND or SEMH needs
- Be prepared to support with personal care as required
- Be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Build appropriate relationships with identified LACs and PLACs (Previously Looked After Children) to provide the effective role of a ‘key adult’ within school.
- Work with individual LAC pupils and small groups on identified SEMH needs, such as friendship issues, attachment difficulties, emotional resilience etc
- Work with individual LAC pupils and small groups to deliver both academic and social interventions.
- Intervene and support individual LAC pupils who may need additional support with their SEMH needs e.g. at times of distraction, heightened anxiety, to implement identified strategies to allow re-engagement in learning.
- Provide support for identified LACs at key transition times e.g. after break/lunch times
- Work with our SENCo to develop, enhance and deliver lunchtime and break-time pastoral provision
- Use appropriate assessment and tracking tools to support and plan effective learning opportunities for our LACs.
- Communicate regularly with the SENCo and Class Teacher regarding progress and next steps, and assist with any additional requirements such as contributing to ANP/PEP meetings etc.
- To undertake CPD training as required
Interested in this exciting opportunity? If you have any questions or would like to arrange a visit please email Ashleigh Beischer, Assistant Head, SEND at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
To apply please go to http://arklittleridgeprimary.org/vacancies to apply through the job portal.
Start date: 1st September 2021
Contract: Fixed term to 31st August 2022.
Hours: 23 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: Ark (outside London) Grade 4, Point 3 – Full Time Salary £18,562pa Actual: £10,155pa (gross) (for 23 hours per week, term time only)
Ark Little Ridge Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.