Hours of work: Full-time teacher hours
Working pattern: Full-time, Term-time only (working for 39 weeks per year plus 5.85 weeks annual leave, which will increase after 5 years' continuous service)
(As the position is term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Fixed term until 22 July 2022
Closing date: Wednesday 7 July 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Ringmer Primary & Nursey School, Harrisons Lane, Ringmer, East Sussex, BN8 5LL
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
An opportunity has arisen to join our dedicated staff team at Ringmer Primary and Nursery School. We are a warm and welcoming village school at the heart of the community, with children who are well behaved and enthusiastic learners.
Ringmer Primary and Nursery School is a one and a half form entry primary school positioned on the edge of the South Downs National Park, near Lewes. The school was extended in 2016 providing us with a wonderful learning environment; we are situated in fantastic grounds that promote multiple opportunities for outdoor learning and provide excellent access to sporting facilities.
Ofsted 2019 "Leaders place the well-being of pupils at the heart of the school. Staff are trained thoroughly to care for pupils and to look out for their best interests. Pupils in turn trust staff, and this creates a happy, respectful learning community."
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our highly committed and friendly staff team in September 2021.
Hours will be Mon- Fri:
8.30am – 3.15pm (including a 30 minute unpaid lunch break)
Expectations of the role:
- To provide teaching cover for members of teaching staff during their PPA and subject leader release time
- To contribute to a wide range of teaching and learning activities, and to assist and support the work of qualified teachers
- To work within the statutory frameworks relevant to the role.
The successful candidate will:-
- Have experience of working with primary school aged children.
- Have a good level of literacy and mathematical skills.
- Have high expectations that support strong learning outcomes
- Be dedicated to providing, alongside the class teacher, a secure and inspiring learning environment where children can thrive.
- Be effective in establishing positive, professional relationships with pupils, staff and parents.
- Be able to assist in the planning and preparation of resources.
- Be responsible for keeping records and providing feedback to the class teacher in relation to children’s progress and achievement.
Ringmer will offer you:-
- A friendly, welcoming and caring team
- Well-behaved, happy and enthusiastic learners
- Supportive and nurturing leadership
- A learning culture that encourages leadership at all levels
- A commitment to and opportunities for your continued professional development
- Hands on and knowledgeable governing body
- An engaged village community
To start in September 2021
Closing date: Wednesday 7 July 2021
Interviews: Monday 12 July 2021
If you think you have all the above skills, we would like to hear from you and welcome you to our school. Please contact Kelly Cheesley on 01273 81243 in the school office to make an appointment. The Headteacher would love to meet anyone who is interested in joining our team to tour the school and discuss the opportunity.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.