West Sussex County Council is a diverse organisation that provides services to more than 850,000 residents every day. The Human Resources and Organisational Development Directorate provides critical support functions to our services, relentlessly focusing on delivering better and cost-effective outcomes. Our teams use their experience to enable and challenge the Council to deliver improved efficiency and effectiveness.
For more information about the areas we support, please visit our dedicated Business Support Page to learn more!
About The Job
Salary: £25,991 - £28,672
Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Contract Length: Permanent
Location: County Hall, Chichester
Interview Date: 28 June 2021 (Microsoft Teams)
Here at West Sussex County Council, what we do changes lives.
We're looking for an exceptional Talent Attraction Advisor for an incredible opportunity to support the Talent Attraction Consultant and wider Resourcing Team to continuously improve and develop the Council's employment brand and talent acquisition practices to attract and recruit a talented workforce.
If talent attraction is your thing and you love the idea of supporting the Council in becoming an employer of choice, this could be the one for you.
You will be a highly motivated, organised individual with an eye for detail who will happily seek out, engage, and build relationships with a range of internal and external providers to support the delivery of talent attraction strategies and plans. Best of all, you'll have the support of a close-knit Resourcing Team!
As Talent Attraction Advisor, you will be adept at research and data analysis for all talent attraction activity and have a variety of digital and social media skills..
You will continuously improve the jobs website pages and help create recruitment campaigns for our most critical roles, support recruitment fairs and events and ensure that our accounts with review sites such as Indeed and Glassdoor reflect our developing brand and that reviews left by people are responded to effectively, maintaining our reputation. You will also co-ordinate and support the smooth delivery of senior/director recruitment.
Experience and Skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to research and analyse complex, multifaceted issues and diagnose business solutions, making logical and rational recommendations based on all the relevant information available.
- Ability to deliver agreed talent acquisition tasks or project outcomes by using initiative and applying digital and social media skills, knowledge of talent acquisition and of the wider business where applicable. This will include the ability to plan and develop digital and social media content to maximise our employment brand to attract and recruit a talented workforce.
- Ability to identify when talent acquisition and resourcing practices, processes and systems need improvement or updating and provide solutions. You will have training and development skills to maximise the capability of colleagues to ensure that new ways of working are successfully implemented.
- Excellent literacy, numeracy and communication skills with the ability to understand and present complicated or sensitive information or recommendations to a range of audiences in a clear, concise and accurate manner, in ways that promote understanding and encourage the take up of talent acquisition solutions presented. This will also require the ability to work well in partnership with others, forming good working relationships with colleagues, key contacts, and all levels of management.
- Ability to organise, prioritise and plan own workload and projects to meet deadlines and targets and to manage conflicting demands and work in a sometimes pressured environment to deliver against objectives. This will include the ability to lead on the planning and coordination of efficient, effective, and smooth-running Senior / Director level recruitment.
- Excellent IT skills for word processing, data processing, updating websites, creating and developing workflows or electronic presentations and the ability to investigate and troubleshoot system related problems and provide solutions.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Degree relevant either to management or to the professional service specialism, or equivalent qualification and/or experience.
- In depth experience and knowledge of management data and statistics. Demonstrable evidence of robust information and data collection and management, validation and research from a variety of different sources to produce inferences, options and recommended courses of action and plans to address talent acquisition challenges.
- Experience in report writing and supporting business planning and project management.
- Experience in developing an organisation's employment brand and talent acquisition practices to support the attraction and recruitment of talented individuals. You will know how to maximise the use of a wide and varied range of digital software and social media platforms, including the maintenance and development of their content.
- Experience in supporting recruitment and career fairs, including their planning, co-ordination, attendance and review.
- Experience in training and developing colleagues in the form of mentoring, coaching and instructing to maximise their capability.
- Experience in planning, organising and smooth running of Director level recruitment.
- A track record in and developing excellent working relationships with a wide and diverse range of people, such as senior management, key contacts and members of the public. You will have confidence in dealing with people and the ability to establish credibility at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to learn and apply learning on the job.
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to the following benefits:
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Generous Pension Scheme
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CRS00476.
For an informal conversation or for further information regarding the role, please contact Amy Knightley (Talent Attraction Consultant) at . For issues or queries regarding your application please contact .
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again. If you are unable to see the attached job description, please contact the Recruitment team at the above email address.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!