Required for September 2021
This post will be based at Park Lane Primary School within our Federation
TLR level negotiable for the correct candidate
We are looking for an excellent SENDCO to join our friendly and committed team. We need an individual who is enthusiastic, reflective and committed to achieving the best for every child using an inspiring curriculum.
Are you passionate about ensuring all children are engaged in learning and develop into confident, caring individuals who love to learn? Do you want to work somewhere where you are valued as an individual and where staff like to laugh?
We are seeking a dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated individual to fill the SENDCO post as part of the school’s senior leadership team at Park Lane Primary School.
You will be an excellent classroom practitioner and will be determined to get our children to achieve their highest potential.
The SENDCO will be an important member of our management team and will have some teaching commitment within the school.
We are looking for someone who:
- Are passionate about learning and committed to school improvement.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, along with energy and enthusiasm
- Have ideally completed the SENDCO qualification; however, if you are an experienced teacher who would like to qualify as a SENDCO we would consider this option and support your training.
- A formal teaching qualification with QTS.
- Experience working with SEND pupils with SEND and SEMHD.
- Inclusion experience with outstanding teaching practice.
- Leadership experience.
We can offer:
- A caring, happy school with high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour
- Happy, confident children who enjoy coming to school and have positive attitudes towards learning
- Hardworking, dedicated team of staff and governors, with supportive parents
- Opportunities for CPD across the Federation
- A clear vision for all of our children’s education
- Experienced, committed and supportive colleagues
If you would like to arrange an informal chat with the Executive Head Teacher please call Nicola Browne 0118 937 5505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via video conferencing.
Please do not send a CV. For the purposes of Equal Opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be sought from the successful candidate.
Closing date: Monday 28th June 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 6th July 2021
We will process personal data and sensitive personal data (also known as ‘special categories of personal data’) and criminal records data relating to you in accordance with our Data protection policy and in accordance with data protection laws.