FIXED TERM 2 years: 37 hours per week
SALARY: £20,092 to £21,748
We have a vacancy for a Customer First Officer, based in our offices at Phoenix House. This will be a generic post based in Customer First and will include working with the phone team, providing support for the reception, face to face enquiries and to the central admin team as required.
We are looking for enthusiastic candidates who are looking to improve their skills and gain experience in customer service, dealing with people in an efficient and courteous manner, able to work on their own initiative with the minimum of supervision, and above all be flexible in their approach and able to work as part of a busy team.
The candidates should have a good standard of education; with experience of customer care issues. They should have a professional, and polite telephone manner, good organisational and interpersonal skills, and be able to communicate at all levels. A methodical approach to work, the ability to undertake a range of administrative duties and competence in the use of IT.
The main duties of the post will initially be to cover responding to enquiries from customers on the phone and all digital channels but will also include covering admin duties, cash desk and the meet and greet desk in Phoenix house.
Mid Devon District Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees including:
- A Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free Car Parking
- CSSC offering discounts in shops, restaurants, cinemas, hotels and insurance benefits
- A Flexible Benefits Scheme via salary sacrifice to obtain a cycle for work
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Generous annual leave, flexible working arrangements and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Staff discounts in our leisure centres
- Employee Assistance Programme and support offering a variety of employee wellbeing services to support a healthy work/life balance and lifestyle.
To find out more
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Rebecca Thompson, Customer First Team Leader on 01884 234245 or Pam Evans, Customer First Team Leader on 01884 234268