An exciting and rewarding opportunity has opened for an enthusiastic individual to join the authority’s youth service team as bank relief staff, supporting accreditations, primarily the DofE award.
As an Accreditation Worker - DofE you will work as part of a small team of youth workers, supporting young people to achieve a DofE award level. You will be responsible for arranging activities and workshops to meet all outcomes and work programmes set.
You will have a full understanding of the DofE Award, including the Ten Guiding Principles, all award levels, and the requirements to complete each section.
You will have an understanding of eDofE supporting young people in their award completion.
You will, where necessary develop strong links with other youth service projects and local community groups/organisations, to provide a comprehensive and holistic programme of activities that support the DofE award.
Essential to the role is a Level 2 Youth Support Worker Qualification and registration with the Education Workforce. Based within an open access youthwork, you will also have experience of working face to face with young people in an open setting. Previous experience of working with young people is also desirable.
Required skills include;
- Experience of supporting a DofE Award group
- Experience of using eDofE
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills with the ability to relate to and enthuse young people,
- The ability to work independently and as part of a multi-agency team,
- The ability to assess the needs of young people and develop appropriate programme of works, and
- A high level of personal resilience, including the ability to manage conflict and deal with stressful situations.
Thorough pre-employment screening is undertaken during the recruitment process.
The postholder will be required to complete an application for a Disclosure of Criminal Records.
Closing Date 24.06.2021 – 12 midnight
Interview Date 01.07.2021
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.