Following the promotion of the previous post holder to a Head of Service role inAdult Social Care, a vacancy has arisen for this post. The service manager post is a pivotal post in Adult Social Care and reports to the head of Adult Safeguarding. Some of the key areas of work are:
- Lead on Safeguarding Policy & Quality Assurance work
- Take the lead for the Unit in regard to Learning & Development
- Take the Lead for the Unit on Provider Concerns issues
- Lead on key safeguarding projects
- Represent the Unit in Key meetings with Members, senior managers and other agencies
- Deputise for the Head of Adult Safeguarding & QA
The person appointed will have
- Extensive post qualifying experience in social care
- Extensive supervision experience
- Extensive experience both as a social worker and manager in adult safeguarding practice.
- Good understanding of theories which underpin adult safeguarding
- Experience of working with Members and Senior managers
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation
- Management experience
- Budget Management experience
Should you wish to discuss the post please contact Nick Sherlock Head of Adult safeguarding email@example.com
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.
Croydon council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. The Successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.