About the job
Salary: £23,080, - £25,481 per annum (pro-rata for part time)
Working Pattern: Full time and part time roles available, 37 hours and 18.5 hours per week
Location: Full time roles are based in Arun, Chichester or Horsham, part time role is based in Arun
Interview Date: 6 July and 8 July 2021 (interviews will take place via MS Teams, Skype or equivalent)
You must be able to travel throughout the county including to locations that are not always accessible by public transport.
At West Sussex County Council, we are ambitious for our children and our workforce and are committed to improving our services for children and families in West Sussex. You will join us at a key time in our improvement journey, while we focus on delivering flawless family support and driving forward our 'Children First' plan.
We need family-focused professionals who want to make a direct impact and who really want to be part of the positive change that is happening. Be part of an ambitious improvement plan and make a significant difference to children and families in West Sussex.
There has never been a more rewarding time to join. The Early Help Service is an integral part of the Children, Young People and Learning Directorate. We work with children, families, and young people to help ensure that every child is supported to achieve his or her potential. Working collaboratively with social care so that all children and families are accessing the right help and protection from the most appropriate part of children's services.
Early help ensures that children and families receive accessible and co-ordinated support when they need it. This support ranges across a continuum from universal preventative approaches through to more targeted help where families are experiencing more complex or multiple difficulties. At every level support is designed to address and reduce the problems or challenges and prevent them getting worse.
Experience and skills
- Works effectively with families in crisis, managing own and others anxieties and working within the boundaries of the role.
- Manage casework effectively with children/young people and their families, establishing needs, setting objectives and reviewing progress.
- Engage and work creatively in partnership with children/young people and their families, in order to effect positive and lasting change.
- Work in an empowering way with families, focusing on their collective strengths and resources; e.g. using a Solution focused approach.
- Reflect on own practice and to learn from experience. To take responsibility for own performance and to be proactive in relation to own work and professional development.
- Analyse and interpret complex information and prioritise needs in order to make recommendations/decisions which will have a positive outcome.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- NVQ level 3 Health and Social Care or equivalent qualification, demonstrating that level of ability in working with children/young people and families or relevant experience. Relevant organisational knowledge of systems, procedures and policies associated with operating a client focused service.
- Significant experience of working with children/young people and their families in a crisis situation and using a range of direct work interventions.
- Experience of working in a multi-agency context, demonstrating an awareness of differing roles and responsibilities and effective methods of collaboration.
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development and age appropriate behaviour relevant to the Early Help service.
- Understanding of current childcare legislation and policy.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding policies and procedures.
- Valid and full driving licence.
Reward and benefits
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
How to Apply
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and an occupational health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.
For information regarding your eligibility to apply for this role under our Disability or Veteran's Guaranteed Interview Scheme, this can be found on our application help page.
Note for Recruitment Agencies: We prefer to hire people directly, but we do have a supplier list for when we need a helping hand. We'll be in touch directly if we need you!
For resourcing team reference only: