A vacancy has arisen at Northway Community Primary School for a temporary Teaching Assistant to work in a Lower KS2 class in the mornings only. The post will be for a general Teaching Assistant who can provide support for groups and individuals in the class. The person will be required to support pupils through delivering intervention and targeted work .
The position is temporary from 1st September 2021 until 31st August 2022.
The Governors of Northway Primary School would like to appoint an enthusiastic and caring Teaching Assistant who is:
- Committed to ensuring children achieve their full potential in acquiring the essential skills needed in Reading, Writing and Maths
- Committed to raising standards
- Experienced in supporting pupils within the whole class; working with groups or individuals
- Experienced in working alongside the class teacher to provide effective classroom support.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- An attractive, engaging and safe environment
- Well behaved, enthusiastic and happy children
- Training opportunities to further develop skills
- Supportive colleagues, leadership team and governing body.
The post is for 15 hours. The working hours are Monday – Friday 9am – 12pm. The position is term time only and the salary will be pro-rata.
Please see the application form attached and e-mail completed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting will take place on Friday 18th June. Only successful candidates will be informed. Interviews will be on Friday 25thJune.
Due to the nature of work the post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Criminal Records Bureau.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.