A vacancy has arisen at Northway Community Primary School for a temporary Teaching Assistant to support a pupil in Year 2. The pupil has complex learning needs and requires a personalised curriculum which the person will be required to support to deliver. Additionally, the person will be required to support other pupils through delivering intervention and targeted work linked to the SEND learning plans.
The position is from 1st September 2021 and is temporary until 31st August 2022.
The Governors of Northway Primary School would like to appoint an enthusiastic and caring Teaching Assistant who is:
- Committed to ensuring children achieve their full potential in acquiring the essential skills needed in Reading, Writing and Maths
- Committed to raising standards
- Experienced in supporting pupils who have special needs, in particular pupils with social and communication needs
- Experienced in supporting the review of learning plan targets.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- An attractive, engaging and safe environment
- Well behaved, enthusiastic and happy children
- Training opportunities to further develop skills
- Supportive colleagues, leadership team and governing body.
The post is for 27.5 hours. The working hours are Monday – Friday 9am – 3.30pm (One hour unpaid lunchtime). The position is term time only and the salary will be pro-rata.
Please see the application form attached and e-mail completed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisting will take place on Friday 18th June 2021. Only successful candidates will be informed. Interviews will be on Friday 25th June 2021.
Due to the nature of work the post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Criminal Records Bureau.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.