Play a crucial role in the effective delivery of the council’s Public Health service and Covid response, ensuring that residents and staff are kept safe, improving their health and wellbeing and reducing health inequalities.
We want Bracknell Forest to be the one of the healthiest place to live, work, study and play, providing all the residents with the opportunities to be happy and healthy. We will achieve this by taking a health in all policies approach with a focus on reducing health inequalities and as part of the Public Health Team you will be central to achieving this vision.
Because we’re Bracknell Forest.
What it's like working in our team...
We are a small but ambitious public health team that are not only supported within our organisation but by the wider East Berkshire Public Health system. We are extremely agile and receptive to change but team members really feel inspired within their roles to deliver and can clearly see the difference they are making to our local residents and customers.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training...
- To manage the effective and efficient delivery of Public Health projects including the organisations Covid response, supporting the Organisation’s objectives throughout each service review lifecycle to a successful conclusion.
- To manage the delivery of Public Health projects and Covid Response related activities, identifying interdependencies and managing risks to enable each project to deliver the target health improvement and protection outcomes and deliverables as set out in each project specification and scope, working with external partners, programme and project cells and team members.
- This post may support more than one Public Health or Covid Response project, be asked to change projects or take on new areas of work as the needs of the service evolves in response to changes in government guidance, legislation and Public Health policy.
The benefits you will experience are...
- Making a difference to the health and wellbeing of all of those living, working and visiting Bracknell Forest.
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
What we're looking for...
We are looking for a self-starter, with a proven record of managing and delivering strategic projects, ideally within a political environment. The post holder will be proactive and able to identify challenges, risks, issues and critical success factors for the success of each project.
Strong people management and negotiation skills are essential.
Experience of leading work in a complex, multi stakeholder environment and managing projects across organisational boundaries and with multiple stakeholders is also required.
Interview will be held w/c 28/6/2021
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name – Charlotte Pavitt
Job Title – Consultant in Public Health
Phone Number – 01344 355174
Name – Carol Billyard
Job Title – PA
Phone Number – 01344 351750
As part of the Council’s ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process if a suitable redeployee is identified.