Homes First manages a combined property portfolio of over 8,500 homes and invests almost £20M per annum in service contracts, maintenance, major repairs and improvements. Our service is also growing as the Councils' new investment companies develop new housing, covering a range of different tenures and accommodation types.
Working within the Property Services team, you will undertake Compliance and Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) service contract surveying duties for a portfolio of 8,500 properties. You will ensure that the properties meet the required Compliance to the regulations including fire safety, asbestos management, electrical safety, gas regulations as well as maintenance and servicing obligations. to ensure these are delivered to a high standard and to the terms of resident’s tenancy agreements, leases and management agreements. Homes First has a varied property portfolio from rural individual properties to flats in busy town centres. The Compliance and M&E Service Contracts Team will cover property portfolios owned by both Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough Councils. The role involves:
- Place instructions with contractors to undertake works.
- Carry out pre and post inspections of work required and completed by our contractors. Inspect and diagnose any defects.
- Act as a point of contact for utility companies and contractors undertaking Compliance and M&E services and works.
- Evaluate, approve, or reject claims and invoices received from contractors.
- Investigate and respond to customer complaints.
- Assist with Insurance claims and accident investigations.
- Enter data onto IT systems to enable effective monitoring of service contracts and compliance.
- Carry out and complete risk assessments for Fire, Legionella and other compliance and Health& Safety responsibilities.
- Produce clear specifications, schedules of work and instructions to remedy defects.
- Supervise works in progress.
- Ensure section 20 notices are issued to leaseholders where necessary.
- Write reports (where necessary) to refer repair work for inclusion in larger major repair programmes.
- Other duties as set out in the Job description and as requested by the Compliance and M&E Contracts Manager and the senior and management team.
You will need to provide assistance to the Property Services function within Homes First by supporting the business and administration processes that underpin the services delivered to tenants, leaseholders, shared owners, and other stakeholders. To operate and administrate the systems and processes required to maintain safe estates and for the service to achieve compliance with statutory duties.
The Job description identifies what qualifications and skills & abilities are required.
The closing date is 22 June 2021.
Interview date to be confirmed.