Lewes District Council and Eastbourne Borough Council have transformed to adapt how we offer our services to enable a first-rate customer service which maximises the use of technology, integrating services and systems across the two Councils.
The transformation includes having a joint Development Management service which will cover both Councils’ Local Planning Authority areas. Both authorities also include the South Downs National Park, where we undertake the Development Management Functions in partnership with the that SDNP Planning Authority. All the above ensures that there is a wide range of planning applications to get involved with, ranging from the small-scale householder to implementing strategic sites arising from our Local Plan allocations.
At Lewes and Eastbourne, we are keen to grow our own talent, and offer an excellent range of training, shadowing, and mentoring, to ensure you reach your full potential.
As Specialist Advisor (Senior Planner) you will have a crucial role processing a wide range of planning applications in one of our two authorities, with opportunity to work across both to enable a full range or urban and rural experience to be gained. The teams are established, and your appointment will cement the team structure, and you will provide support and guidance to the more junior team members. We are looking for an individual with commitment, a high level of energy who can continue to achieve excellent performance whilst providing a first-rate level of customer service.
You must also have or working towards:
- A recognised planning qualification
- RTPI Membership
- Aptitude for progressing applications and development projects
- High level communication and presentation skills including clear, concise reporting and correspondence particularly concerning complex or controversial issues.
We have a wide range of benefits on offer including:
- A flexible working environment, meaning you can work effectively in the office, at home or when on site
- An excellent work/life balance
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Childcare vouchers
The closing date for the receipt of applications is noon on 25 June 2021.