We’re looking for a Bridges and Structures Engineer who will work within our core Bridges and Structures team under the direction of the Bridges Manager. The section has a full and varied programme of works and is now seeking a capable, enthusiastic and self-motivated professional to deliver key work streams. The successful applicant will;
- Design a range of bridge maintenance and structural schemes.
- Work closely with project managers and other internal teams to plan and implement a variety of maintenance schemes from 'cradle to grave' within budget and to programme, and in compliance with quality, safety and environmental objectives.
- Ensure that relevant standards are applied in accordance with national & local criteria and sound engineering practice to deliver appropriate solutions which offer best value.
- Be an effective communicator at all levels.
- You will be able to demonstrate;
- Track record for delivering bridge and structural engineering projects, as part of a team of professional engineers.
- Working knowledge of Design Manual for Roads and Bridges and the Model Contract Documents for Highway Works relating to highway schemes.
- Working knowledge of the design & delivery of highway infrastructure projects using Digital Engineering software, systems and data.
- Site based highways experience to provide sufficient understanding of buildability, traffic management and construction programming.
- A relevant Level 5 qualification or equivalent.
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player with a 'can do' approach.
This position is ideal for someone that is keen to develop their professional career, and learn new skills in the highways and civil sector, as well as becoming part of great team environment.
The posts attract local authority benefits including flexible working and flexitime, generous leave entitlement, training and development opportunities and access to the South Yorkshire Pension Scheme.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.