Salary: £36,922 to £42,821 +£5,000 Market Supplement
Reading Borough Council has a Stand Alone AMHP team of AMHP’s. The AMHP & Forensic team work closely with people suffering from severe and enduring mental health problems who have complex social care needs.
The team is comprised of AMHPs/Social Workers who carry out the statutory requirements of the AMHP and Social Supervision role under the Mental Health Act and support and advise Adult Social Care Teams, interface with Health colleagues offering experience and knowledge to enhance client experience as well as support individual team members.
About The Role
You will be part of the AMHP & Forensic Mental Health Social Care Team, however your role main role is to carry out the statutory requirements of the AMHP as indicated on the Mental Health Act 1983(2007).
Additional duties if you are a Best Interest Assessor (BIA) could be to fulfil Best Interest Assessments (BIA) when not completing Statutory AMHP duties.
Ongoing risk assessment whilst considering safeguarding issues is a significant part of the role as well as excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and associated legislation is expected.
The successful candidates will be qualified in DIPSW or equivalent and will be AMHP trained, enthusiastic as well as having excellent communication skills.
We offer regular supervision both individual, peer and ample opportunity to enhance professional development through training. Excellent levels of support are given to team members in this busy, friendly and experienced team.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme(LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For an informal discussion please contact Valbona Demiri - AMHP & Forensic Mental Health Social Care Team Manager on 0118 937 3747 or Valbona.Demiri@reading.gov.uk
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.