Salary: Starting salary is £11.00 per hour which increases to £12.00 per hour following a successful probation period.
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Tuesday 6 July 2021
Interview date: Friday 9 July 2021
For an informal discussion, phone Penny Mackay on 07813978182 after 5pm or anytime during the weekend.
For an application pack, email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
Would you like to be part of a small and highly specialised service which is committed to supporting me with every aspect of my life?
Would you like to work with me and enable me to live as independently as possible in my local community?
Would you like to be well trained, well supported and well paid and know that you are making a positive difference every time you go to work?
My name is Jacob and I am looking for people to support me in my family home and local community. I am a young autistic man and I sometimes display behaviour which can be described as challenging. I enjoy going out and about every day, but I can get anxious when I don’t know what is happening, something annoys me or if I don’t understand what is going on. I am lots of fun to be with and want people to work with me who care about me and are dedicated to supporting me to do every day things like eating healthily, keeping fit and learning new skills. I have my own ways of doing things, which the rest of my team will help you to learn, and if you’re the right person, we’ll get on great!
About the role
• I like going out every day to my favourite places. I go to most places by car so you need to be able to drive.
• I like to keep my house ‘just so’ and need to do jobs in a way I understand.
• I cannot speak very much but I can tell you what I want to do by using my picture communication system. You need to learn my language, and we can then have some fun.
• I must have a predictable, structured and consistent routine.
You should be
• Fit and active as I like going out and I am always busy in the house.
• Be mature minded and be able to forward plan, helping me develop my skills.
• Patient and understanding and do things the way I want them to be done.
• Be able to work with the rest of my team to reduce my anxieties and improve my quality of life.
• Be able to stick to the rules that will keep me and you safe.
You will become part of my established team who already make a positive difference to my life. You must work well together as a team but be confident to work independently too. As a member of my team you will be given training and a thorough induction from my Team Leader and specialists who support the service. You will work alongside the Team Leader on your first few shifts so you can get to know me and I can get to know you.
You should have
• The right attitude.
• A good attendance record.
• The ability to work in partnership with my friends and family.
This is a specialist support service in Eastbourne which has high expectations of our staff. You will receive all specialist training prior to supporting Jacob. Please feel free to call the number below if you would like to know more.
The right person will receive –
A thorough induction and training package.
Sociable working hours – mainly 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday with some Saturday support and occasional night and weekend cover.
Closing date is Tuesday 6 July at 5pm. Interviews are on Friday 9 July in Eastbourne.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.