Housing Improvements Grant Officer
Building Maintenance & Improvement Services
Full time temporary post until 31st March 2022 (To cover vacant post resulting from a secondment)
Working Pattern; 5 days a week, Monday to Friday
Sefton’s Building Maintenance and Improvement Services Section (Home Improvements Service Team) provides a mandatory service which involves the provision of Disabled Facilities Grants to enable disabled persons to move in and around their homes safely, helping them to stay in their homes for as long and independently as possible.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a Borough wide service to all our customers. Experience of working with older people and/or people with disabilities is desirable along with a genuine commitment to work to consistently high standards and provide a quality service at all times. Communicate with a wide and varied customer base. Internal and external liaison with the various parties involved in delivering this key customer service. We are looking for a highly organised individual with a strong customer focus.
You must have the ability to demonstrate a commitment to the delivery and development of the Home Improvements Service along with knowledge of the following;
- Welfare rights/Benefits
- Financial assessments
- Sefton’s Disabled Facilities Grant/ loan conditions
- Systems, processes & procedures necessary to support a busy office
- Private sector housing programmes and disabled adaptations.
- Interrogation of IT systems/databases including Flare Database, and its related monitoring /reporting systems and Agresso.
Tasks you will be required to carry out include, but not restricted to, the following;
- Supervision of staff
- Produce formal approval of Disabled Facilities Grant costs
- Produce Purchase Orders and Invoices
- Carry out Means Testing
- Initiate payments to contractors and other relevant bodies via Agresso
- Work on own initiative whilst managing own workload to ensure deadlines/targets are met.
- Dealing with legal enquiries in relation to grant loan repayments
- Dealing with all aspects of the administration of housing grants/loans process from receipt of the initial referral to completion of works.