Depot and Stores Assistant
Reporting to the Contacts Manager you will take responsibility for the maintenance of the storage yards (multiple locations) and their related facilities, including such duties as manually loading and unloading materials, operating mechanical loading equipment, preparing and issuing of materials and equipment to ODS operatives, whilst at the same time keeping accurate records of issued materials, equipment, tools, machinery, PPE and consumables.
Other tasks include;
- Receipt of deliveries to site including notification of deliveries to the responsible departments
- Liaise with management regarding Quality Control for goods receipt inspections
- Day to day organisation of goods received
- Monitor stock against agreed inventory levels and reorder as required
- Ensure stock items are logged in an efficient manner
- Ensure full traceability of all stored materials and items
- ‘Book In/Out’ process - Issue materials to employees on a daily basis keeping an accurate inventory log
- Coordinate regular stock counts and reconciliation against inventory logs
- Produce reports of items, damages and losses as requested by the management team
- Ensure the yard is kept free of obstructions and that all Plant, Tools, Equipment and Materials are stored in a safe manner in accordance with HSE requirements
- Assist with site audits
Based upon a 37-hour week (Mon-Fri). The ideal candidate will also be flexible at short notice to cover additional hours over and above contracted hours, to include weekend work on a rota or as the business requires.