The Royal Borough of Greenwich is vibrant and diverse, and we pride ourselves on being a well-managed and well-run authority. Our Directorate of Communities & Environment prides itself on the service it provides to the residents of Greenwich. We are looking to recruit an Operations Manager who takes pride in their work and wants to play a vital role in ensuring the Council meet its commitment to providing quality services, to enhance the local environment and improve recycling performance.
This is an ideal opportunity for you to join the Royal Borough of Greenwich and make a real impact. We have an exciting opportunity within our Street Services department and are looking for someone as passionate as we are about working in and alongside our communities and who wants to make a lasting difference to Greenwich, for its people and the place.
You will lead a dynamic and challenging set of frontline services, covering the high-profile public realm, waste, recycling and street cleansing activities, all of which provide important and highly valued services to our residents.
You will manage 375 in-house staff on a daily basis and will be responsible for a combined budget of £22m.
It is a role that will suit someone with an accomplished track record in delivering improvement through effective operational management and who offers the right blend of technical know-how and people and relationship skills.
You will need
- Excellent knowledge and extensive experience of managing local authority waste management and street cleansing operations;
- To be open-minded and business focused, with an organised and analytical approach to your work, including close attention to detail while working to tight deadlines and financial budgets;
- Ability to deliver frontline services that aim to consistently meet or exceed service standards;
- Significant experience of addressing operational issues and applying a risk-based solution for future proofing;
- To be enthusiastic and driven, with a proven track record in operational programming/project management;
- To be a great team player with excellent IT, data analysis/management and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent staff, customer and stakeholder relationship management skills
- To demonstrate professional development (e.g. chartered status of CIWM or Environmental Management)
If this sounds like you and you want to join a forward-thinking service, we'd love to hear from you. Please visit royalgreenwichcareers.com to find out more and to make an application form - please ensure that your supporting statement clearly details how you meet the criteria set out in the Person Specification.
Closing date: 27 June 2021
Interviews will take place week commencing 5 July 2021
Royal Borough of Greenwich values the diversity of its community and aims to have a workforce that reflects this. We therefore encourage applications from all sections of the community.
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.