Job Title: Digital Services Support Manager
Location: Hertford Predominantly working at home (occasionally based at Hertford with travel throughout County)
Salary Range: £40,876 pa progressing to £43,857pa
Hours: 37 per week
Are you an experienced Applications or Database, or IT Service delivery manager? We are looking for a hands-on IT manager with strong management skills, technical knowledge, and experience in looking after 3rd party applications and databases. You will manage a small team of four support engineers who mainly work remotely. You will be responsible for:
- The day-to-day support of all applications and databases
- Working and liaising with users, 3rd party providers, stakeholders and other team members to resolve technical issues and problems which have been escalated to you
- Creating technical designs and specifications
- Delivering small projects within timescales and budgets
- Responsible for the Change and Release processes for Digital Services
- Be an active member of the Digital Services Change Advisory board (CAB), Technical Advisory Board (TAB), Design Authority Board (DAB) and Programme Board.
The Digital Services (DS) team is part of the Community Protection Directorate (CPD). CPD includes Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service, Trading Standards, Herts Resilience and the County Community Safety Unit.
The Digital Services support all applications, IT infrastructure, and communications equipment for CPD. This includes in-house and 3rd party software, Microsoft technologies ( SQL Servers, Windows Servers, Hyper V), Windows 10 desktops, laptops, and tablets. This also includes mission-critical application support for the Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service to mobilise fire engines and personnel.
Digital Services also have a continuous replacement programme of applications and systems for CPD. You will be involved in gathering user requirements, creating specifications, assisting in procurements, and implementing new applications and databases.
Closing date: 21st June 2021
Interview date: 30th June and 1st July
For an informal discussion about any of these roles, please contact Matt Canterford on 01992 507599.