Hours of work: 31.25 hours per week
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only (working for 39 weeks per year plus 5.85 weeks annual leave, which will increase after 5 years' continuous service)
(As the position is part-time/term-time only, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Friday 18 June 2021 12 noon
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
TELSCOMBE CLIFFS PRIMARY SCHOOL AND NURSERY
TELSCOMBE CLIFFS WAY, PEACEHAVEN, EAST SUSSEX
Phone: 01273 583113
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Required from 1st September 2021
We are looking to appoint ambitious, proactive and inspiring Teaching Assistants to join our supportive school in September 2021.
The successful candidates will play a key role in supporting the delivery of high quality teaching and learning.
You will be a valued member of our extended team - a team of dedicated individuals, aspiring to improve the educational outcomes of our children.
You will have experience of supporting in a school for a minimum of 2 years. You will be expected to attend all INSET days.
Telscombe Cliffs Primary and Nursery School is a vibrant and popular three-form entry primary school near Brighton in East Sussex. We pride ourselves on our inclusive, aspirational approach and seek to promote the values of Respect, Equality, Aspiration, Collaboration, Courage and Achievement which we weave into the life and work of the school.
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Passionate about supporting children, including those with special educational needs; able to enthuse and inspire them to achieve success, treating them with kindness and respect.
- Experienced (a minimum of 2 years) and have the skills to support children across EYFS, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 where appropriate.
- Experienced in engaging children and supporting children in their learning.
- Able to promote high standards of behaviour and a good work ethos by helping to create a supportive, secure, safe and structured learning environment.
- Able to relate exceptionally well with children and be prepared to go that extra mile to help children achieve.
- Experienced in how to observe and assess progression and attainment in order to give feedback to staff.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability when faced with a variety of different situations.
- Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
- Effective communicators: able to foster excellent relationships with children, parents and staff.
- Extremely well organised and have the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Able to significantly contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our school.
- Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to work closely with colleagues as part of a dynamic team.
- Patient and caring with a good sense of humour and have a positive outlook.
- Be competent in English and Mathematics.
We will offer you:
- Fantastic children who are genuinely a real pleasure to teach, enjoy school and work hard.
- A happy working environment with a positive and inclusive ethos.
- A strong, committed and collaborative leadership team including senior and middle leaders with a distributed leadership model.
- High levels of evidence informed CPD.
Specific to the post:
We are seeking to appoint several highly motivated TAs who are ambitious; they are dedicated, enthusiastic and can support across Key Stages - flexibility is important.
You must have at least 2 years experience as a Teaching assistant or similar.
You must have a Level 2 English and Maths qualification.
If you believe you can make a positive and significant contribution to drive our ambition, achieve excellent outcomes for our children, support our culture and values with passion, then we look forward to receiving your application.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities, we ask that all applications are submitted using our application form which is available from the school's website - www.telscombecliffsprimary.co.uk or by contacting the school office during normal school hours (term time) on 01273 583113 or 07947 516859 (outside of school hours).
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to visit the school. Should you wish to discuss the post, please contact the school office.
More information about the school is available on our website.
Closing date: Friday, 18th June 2021 at 12.00 noon.
Interviews: Week beginning 21st June 2021.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check, satisfactory references and medical form completion.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.