Hours of work: Full-time teachers' hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Fixed term until July 2022
Closing date: Wednesday 16 June 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Northiam CE Primary School, Main Street, Northiam, TN31 6NB
Phone: 01797 252141
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
About the role
Are you looking for the next step in your career?
We are looking for an experienced exemplary practitioner to build leadership capacity in our community driven school. This is an opportunity for a unique KS2 Primary Teacher to work full-time (although part time may be considered) at a successful, forward-thinking primary school, starting September 2021.
We can offer you:
- A friendly small village school with children who are eager to learn and committed to providing a well rounded education.
- Working within a supportive federation.
- The opportunity to develop teaching and learning across the school and Federation.
- Potential for the position to grow into a leadership post.
- A structured programme of professional development.
- A friendly and welcoming school staff and governors
Part time may be considered
The successful candidate will:
Be an excellent class room practitioner with high expectations for children’s achievement and behaviour.
- Have experience of subject leadership with evidence of your impact.
- An understanding of the challenges and benefits of working in a small school.
- Have a commitment and ambition for school improvement.
- Able to inspire and innovate in the classroom
- Able to demonstrate excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum
- Experienced in teaching KS2 children
- Be adaptable to change.
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school office on 01797 252141 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.