Directorate: Children's Services
Starting salary: JG4:- £20,092 per annum
Location: Based in North Somerset , Long Ashton
Hours: 37 hours per week, 8am-6pm 4 days per week
Closing date: Friday 02 July 2021
Early Birds Nursery is one of three North Somerset Council nurseries. We are proud of our strong Children’s Centre links and the shared core values which are embedded throughout our nursery. We work closely with our families and have effective partnerships with a range of agencies including Family Support Workers, Social Workers and Health Visitors, towards improving the outcomes for our children.
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and experiences Early Years Worker of the highest calibre who is dedicated to achieving the best possible outcomes for young children. This is an exciting opportunity to join our highly qualified team.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, passionate and dedicated. They will be reliable and patient, and who, whilst working under the direction on their room lead, has the confidence to use their initiative and work on their own. They will have good knowledge of the EYFS framework and ideally, have experience of working with children 6 months – 4years and ‘In the Moment Planning’ although, not essential.
As a Local Authority run nursery, we are committed to professionally developing our staff. Employees have access to council benefits which are detailed in the link below:
Other benefits include:
- Inquisitive, articulate, caring children.
- Hard working and supportive colleagues
- Interested and involved parents and service leaders
- A commitment to your professional development. Training includes statutory (Child Protection, First Aid, Food Hygiene, etc) and non-statutory (Helicopter Stories, In the Moment Planning, Emotional Regulation, Five to Thrive, Baby Friendly Initiative, Makaton, etc)
- A commitment to staff well-being, including Employee Assistance Programme; free telephone and online access offering confidential counselling, health and well-being support and legal advice.
- 24 days annual leave (rising to 29 with service increments), 8 Bank Holidays and 1 Council corporate day. The nursery also closes for Christmas and New Year.
- Employee pension scheme.
- Cycle 2 Work Cycle Plus scheme with Halfords, which allows you purchase a bike and essential accessories tax free.
- NSC advantage+, giving you access to a range of benefits, discounts and offers.
This post is exempt under the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions) Order 1975 and is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Want to know more and apply?
For an informal discussion, please contact Kay Smith, manager or Lauren Roche, Deputy manager on 01275 888580.
Visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/jobs to download an application pack and apply online.
Anticipated interview date: Thursday 08 July 2021
North Somerset Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all sections of our community regardless of age, disability, sex, race, religion, belief or sexual orientation. North Somerset Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.