Both nationally and locally, the crime landscape is changing. Increasingly crimes are complex, hidden, and linked, creating new demands on agencies and services and requiring innovative responses. You will support WSCC and partnership safeguarding activities for those who are at risk of being exploited.
Working closely with colleagues, partners and communities, this is an opportunity to use your knowledge and experience of the contextual safeguarding agenda, community safety and criminal justice interventions to reduce vulnerability to exploitation, disrupt offending, increase community confidence, promote wide-ranging support and enhance community resilience and recovery. You'll be at the heart of exciting partnership activity focused on making West Sussex a safer, stronger, more resilient place.
For more information about West Sussex County Council, please visit our WSCC About Us page.
About The Job
Salary: £25,991 - £28,672 per annum (£15,594 - £17,203 per annum, pro rata'd)
Working Pattern: Part time, 22.2 hours per week, (3 days per week)
Contract Length: Fixed term contract ending 31 March 2022
Location: Countywide remit. Base: Count Hall, Chichester
Interview Date: Thursday 8 July 2021
This is a varied role which includes the delivery of partnership objectives, awareness raising initiatives and campaigns in fast-changing and sensitive subject areas. You will facilitate the contribution of a diverse range of partners in a range of activities and agendas, enabling links across disciplines and agencies. Your work will focus on delivery that gives professionals and communities the knowledge and tools to identify and take action to reduce threat, risk, vulnerability and harm.
As the successful post holder, you will bring knowledge of minority communities, awareness of current social media trends, skills in engagement and co-production approaches and in-depth understanding of the impact of the online world on risk. You will work flexibly to meet customer requirements, readily move between agendas, activities, and audiences, and deliver at pace and to a high standard.
You will be a highly organised person, with great verbal and written communication skills and the ability to build trust and rapport with a wide range of different people. You will have experience of presenting to and working with a range of audience groups and be confident in responding to content related queries.
You will be adept at activity planning and co-ordination and have the ability to multi-task and deal with changing priorities and deadlines. You will be able to absorb new information and agendas quickly, identifying key messages for translation into delivery activity. You will be able to anticipate challenges and plan for solutions.
You will have excellent IT skills so that you can communicate clearly and succinctly ensuring maximum audience reach via online, digital and printed materials.
You will work independently but may also work within a matrix team of Delivery Officers moving between workstreams as required in order to deliver a seamless service which responds to customer demand.
Experience and Skills
- Ability to build credible working relationships, building rapport and developing positive partnership ways of working with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills to provide information and guidance which may be complex and contentious to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to present information clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that promote understanding, either verbally or in written/electronic form to a wide range of audiences, and to be comfortable in addressing subject content challenge.
- Ability to organise/prioritise work within a fast-paced environment, co-ordinate and plan work logically, meeting deadlines and responding to customer queries and emerging issues.
- Ability to embrace change and have the flexibility to respond to the needs of the service.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team completing shared tasks in order to deliver a service to others.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Educated to degree level or extensive experience in a relevant field.
- Advanced organisational and procedural knowledge of community safety.
- Experience of delivering partnership outcomes on exploitation or a related agenda in a statutory multi-agency environment.
- Experience of delivering material in a range of formats to communities, minority groups, partners and stakeholders in sensitive and/or complicated subject areas.
- Evidence of contributing to the delivery of a professional service and dealing efficiently and sensitively with a range of clients, colleagues and partners.
- Sound and accurate IT knowledge, such as, Word, Excel, PowerPoint (or equivalent packages).
The reference number for this role is CPP00371.
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to referencing and a health check.