Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
The FIESTA programme is an exciting summer programme for young people aged between 5 and 25. The programme offers over 2,000 places over the summer holidays, including sports, arts, outdoor education, performance, cooking and much more.
If you're passionate about the development of services for young people, have the ability to lead a team work , an effective team player and work well with young people from diverse cultural backgrounds, then this is the opportunity for you!
You'll be working with young people at our young people's centres in Charville, Harlington, Northwood, South Ruislip, Uxbridge, West Drayton young people's centres plus other locations across the borough. You'll help to deliver our summer activities programme within an informal education environment through various events, workshops and projects that will help young people aged between 5 and 25 learn about themselves, others and the wider world.
We're looking for people committed to making a difference to young people, so previous experience and being able to relate to them is key.
Happy to work as part of a team you'll also be able to work on your own initiative, be keen to tackle new things and be willing to take responsibility.
To join us as a Youth Worker during this programme it's essential that you have experience of working face-to-face with young people, together with particular skills that you can share with them in sports, the arts or cooking.
If you have the ability to work with young people and you're a focussed team player, you'll find this an exceptionally rewarding way to gain valuable skills and experience.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses