Required from 1st September 2021
We are looking to appoint ambitious, proactive and inspiring Teaching Assistants to join our supportive school in September 2021.
The successful candidates will play a key role in supporting the delivery of high-quality teaching and learning.
You will be a valued member of our extended team - a team of dedicated individuals, aspiring to improve the educational outcomes of our children.
You will have experience of supporting in a school for a minimum of 2 years. You will be expected to attend all INSET days.
Telscombe Cliffs Primary and Nursery School is a vibrant and popular three-form entry primary school near Brighton in East Sussex. We pride ourselves on our inclusive, aspirational approach and seek to promote the values of Respect, Equality, Aspiration, Collaboration, Courage and Achievement which we weave into the life and work of the school.
About the role
We are looking for individuals who are:
- Passionate about supporting children, including those with special educational needs; able to enthuse and inspire them to achieve success, treating them with kindness and respect.
- Experienced (a minimum of 2 years) and have the skills to support children across EYFS, Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 where appropriate.
- Experienced in engaging children and supporting children in their learning.
- Able to promote high standards of behaviour and a good work ethos by helping to create a supportive, secure, safe and structured learning environment.
- Able to relate exceptionally well with children and be prepared to go that extra mile to help children achieve.
- Experienced in how to observe and assess progression and attainment in order to give feedback to staff.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability when faced with a variety of different situations.
- Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team.
- Effective communicators: able to foster excellent relationships with children, parents and staff.
- Extremely well organised and have the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Able to significantly contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our school.
- Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to work closely with colleagues as part of a dynamic team.
- Patient and caring with a good sense of humour and have a positive outlook.
- Be competent in English and Mathematics.
We will offer you:
- Fantastic children who are genuinely a real pleasure to teach, enjoy school and work hard.
- A happy working environment with a positive and inclusive ethos.
- A strong, committed and collaborative leadership team including senior and middle leaders with a distributed leadership model.
- High levels of evidence informed CPD.
Specific to the post:
We are seeking to appoint several highly motivated TAs who are ambitious; they are dedicated, enthusiastic and can support across Key Stages - flexibility is important.
You must have at least 2 years’ experience as a Teaching assistant or similar.
You must have a Level 2 English and Maths qualification.
If you believe you can make a positive and significant contribution to drive our ambition, achieve excellent outcomes for our children, support our culture and values with passion, then we look forward to receiving your application.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities, we ask that all applications are submitted using our application form which is available from the school's website - http://www.telscombecliffsprimary.co.uk or by contacting the school office during normal school hours (term time) on 01273 583113 or 07947 516859 (outside of school hours).
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to visit the school. Should you wish to discuss the post, please contact the school office.
More information about the school is available on our website.
Closing date: Friday, 18th June 2021 at 12.00 noon.
Interviews: Week beginning 21st June 2021.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointments made are subject to an enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check, satisfactory references and medical form completion.
Please ensure you apply with the East Sussex County Council application form attached below.
Brighton & Hove City Council is advertising on behalf of the school and is not the employer in this case.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.