Salary - £27,041 to £29,577 Per Year
New Directions College is Reading Borough Council’s Adult Community Learning and Skills service. This year we’re celebrating 63 years of Adult Learning in Reading. We’re a small friendly College delivering to over 2000 learners and Apprentices each year, directly and through our subcontractors and partners. We offer both regulated and non-regulated courses, traineeships and Apprenticeships.
We are looking for an exceptional employer engagement Officer who will drive forward our links with local businesses and help us achieve our strategic objectives.
Through your knowledge and experience of work-based learning and apprenticeships and your exceptional communication skills, you will identify and secure opportunities for business growth and development and will represent the College within our local community.
Reporting to our Apprenticeships and Vocational Curriculum Manager and working alongside our Traineeships and Work Experience Officer, you will be well supported to achieve key outcomes.
You should demonstrate a good understanding of the key principles of effective employer engagement within work-based learning and should be familiar with the key employment sectors in and around Reading. You should be well-connected or have the ability to build productive networks and should be active on social media.
This role is public facing and so we are looking for an exceptional, professional candidate who can clearly articulate our vision and aims whilst building and developing our services.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at New Directions College
- Local Government Pension Scheme(LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day Nursery at the Civic Offices) rated outstanding by Ofsted, and a salary sacrifice scheme to help lower the cost of your nursery fees
- Season Ticket Loan - to help with the cost of your rail/ bus journey, to & from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
For more information, please contact Besmir Baxha at email@example.com or Phone: 0345 842 0012 - Mobile: 07929 787 697
Visit the New Directions website to find out more about the College - www.newdirectionsreading.ac.uk
Closing Date: Sunday 13th June 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.