Job Title: Garden Community & Strategic Sites Lead Officer
Location: County Hall, Hertford (with very flexible working arrangements)
Salary Range: £43,857 pa progressing to £46,845 pa (+ £2,000 Market Forces Payment Subject to T&Cs)
Hours: 37 per week
- Working as part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Excellent Career Development
- Excellent pension scheme with employer contributions
- £2,000 welcome payment (to persons joining the County Council)
- Discounts on everyday shopping/holidays/entertainment/leisure along with cashback with our Herts Rewards Scheme
- Occupational maternity / paternity and adoption pay
- Excellent Wellbeing schemes.
What you’ll do:
Build on your planning expertise across a diverse range of life-improving projects.
Working in partnership with other members of the Growth and Infrastructure Unit to create a joint approach to planning and strategy, you’ll liaise with a variety of stakeholders and partners to feed into work around the main development schemes and priorities in the geographical area covered by your team. You’ll engage proactively with HCC service departments to collate information on requirements and draft responses to local plan consultations, as well as Heads of Terms and S106 agreements.
You will lead on specific Garden Community and other strategic sites (including those covered by planning performance agreements) in a team environment.
Supporting the local plan and development management process with our local authority and other external partners, you’ll represent the county council at meetings across Hertfordshire to ensure consistent practices. And, as well as advising senior officers and elected Members on HCC’s growth interests, you’ll mentor junior team members and deputise for the Team Leaders when required.
What you’ll bring:
- A relevant professional qualification, equivalent degree or extensive experience
- Experience of Development Plan consultations and submissions, with a track record of contributing towards the development of planning policy
- Knowledge of local government structure and working practices
- Knowledge of infrastructure planning, the CIL/S106/NPPF policy framework, planning obligations and the Community Infrastructure Levy
- Knowledge of growth and land-use/spatial planning
- A team player with excellent negotiating, communication and influencing skills, with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external partners.
Who we are:
Hertfordshire County Council is a leading local authority experiencing unprecedented levels of growth and development within the county. To respond to these growth challenges and achieve our strategic objectives the Growth and Infrastructure Unit is responsible for our interests in growth areas, economic development and strategic infrastructure. Join this proactive, flexible, ambitious team, and you’ll take on a diverse range of projects which promote Hertfordshire as an innovative, efficient authority with a commitment to helping to keep people healthy and safe and growing the economy.
If you’re ready for new challenges in a varied and rewarding role, with an organisation that values you as an individual, then apply now.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Russell Monck: 01992 588274.
Closing Date: 20 June 2021
Interview Date: w.c. 5 or 12 July 2021
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.