Hours of work: Full-time teachers' hours or 26 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time or part-time
If the position is part-time, the above salary will be pro rata)
Closing date: Monday 14 June 2021, noon
Interview date: Week beginning Monday 21 June 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Pebsham Primary Academy
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Deputy Headteacher - Pebsham Primary Academy
The Headteacher and Governors of Pebsham Primary Academy are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and inspirational Deputy Headteacher with excellent leadership and management skills to join our leadership team. Full time or part time candidates considered; this role will have a part time teaching commitment. The position is available for a September 2021 or January 2022 start.
Pebsham is a caring, welcoming and successful one form entry school in Bexhill. We are part of The Kemnal Academy Trust (TKAT) and work alongside our trust to ensure high quality teaching, learning and opportunities for all of our pupils.
Our beach award scheme, Seashore Explorers, underpins our curriculum and enables our pupils to learn outside.
- Believe that every child can shine?
- Want to work with a team of dedicated and enthusiastic staff?
- Teach to inspire, motivate and challenge?
- Have a passion for curriculum design and development?
- Want to be part of a Beach School?
- Inspire others in the school community?
- Prioritise developing children’s love of learning?
- Demonstrate good communication skills?
- Have good management and organisational skills and experience of leading and managing other staff?
- Use assessment to support and challenge?
If so, we can offer:
- Teachers and support staff who are dedicated, skilled and hard working to work alongside you
- A supportive leadership team and many opportunities for further professional development
- An exciting curriculum with opportunities for beach and outdoor learning
- Governors who will support and motivate
- An academy trust that places the child at the centre and supports their staff
- Professional development to support you in your role
- A school where every child really does matter
- A nurturing environment in which children enjoy school, are keen to learn and are eager to take part in activities which promote outstanding learning
Visits to the school are encouraged, please phone the School Office for an appointment.
Application forms and further details can be obtained by emailing our Business Manager, Cathy Baker, at email@example.com
Contact details: 01424 215175
TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
TKAT is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit. This includes applications from individuals wishing to work full time, part-time or on a flexible basis.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain an enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau).
For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.