Hours of work: Teachers Full-time hours
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Wednesday 16 June 2021 at 4pm
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Iford and Kingston CE Primary School, Wellgreen Lane, Kingston, East Sussex, BN7 3NR
Phone: 01273 474973
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Iford and Kingston CE Primary School is a small, friendly school on the outskirts of Lewes and situated in the village of Kingston. We draw our pupils from Kingston and other local villages, Lewes, Newhaven and the fringes of Brighton. We were inspected in February 2019 and found to be a good school.
We are looking to appoint a teacher for our EYFS class. The vacancy would be suitable for an NQT/ECT or an experienced teacher. We want to appoint someone who is enthusiastic, caring and creative who can join our team and be part of the delivery of our new curriculum, as well as fostering our school values of respect, responsibility, aspiration, cooperation and resilience.
We are looking for:
• A teacher with EYFS training or experience;
• Committed to ensuring that all children achieve their very best;
• Willing and committed to developing and sharing outstanding teaching practice;
• Able to work in partnership with children, parents, staff, governors and the wider community;
• Able to challenge children to achieve beyond their expectations;
• Able to provide stimulating and engaging experiences for our children and support them in becoming lifelong learners;
• An awareness of the EYFS curriculum and the new framework for September 2021.
What we can offer:
• a friendly and welcoming staff;
• bright and engaging children who are keen to learn;
• a school with a track record of excellent achievement by its pupils;
• good opportunities for career progression and CPD;
• a well-resourced teaching and learning environment including excellent outdoor learning opportunities;
• a beautiful location in the South Downs Conservation Area;
Visits to the school outside if school hours can be arranged. For a phone call or Teams meeting to discuss the vacancy, please contact the school office.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.