Hours of work: 0.3FTE
Working pattern: Part-time
Closing date: 9am, Thursday 17 June 2021
For more information and to apply for the above post, please contact:
Catsfield CEP School, Church Road, Catsfield, East Sussex, TN33 9DP
Phone: 01424 892 247
Please note, we do not accept CVs.
This post is covered by the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2018.
The school will need to ensure that they are not knowingly employing a person who is disqualified under the 2018 Regulations in connection with relevant childcare provision. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to demonstrate to the school, by completing a self-declaration form as part of the pre-employment checks process, that they have not been disqualified under the 2018 Regulations.
If the preferred candidate is found to be disqualified under the 2018 Regulations, the offer of employment will be subject to the application by the preferred candidate to Ofsted for a waiver and the receipt of a waiver from Ofsted.
About the role
Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo)
Permanent role - Main Pay Scale Teacher 1-6, 0.3FTE
Required for September 2021
We are looking to appoint a passionate and committed SENCo to join our teaching team. The successful candidate will administrate all aspects of the SEND role with some time allocation for delivering interventions.
Our school is small but always has great aspirations and you may be the very person to join our team. Our 175 year old school is well supported by all in our community. A place for challenging, creative and inspiring learning.
Positive mental health and wellbeing are the building blocks that allow children to develop into confident learners. Here at Catsfield we pride ourselves in putting nurture at the heart of our school. We are looking for the right person who will advance our all of our pupils’ learning whilst embodying our core nurture values.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has Qualified Teacher Status and the NASENCo Qualification
• Has experience of working with a range of SEND pupils and their families
• Is an excellent practitioner who can deliver who can deliver highly effective SEND leadership
• Shares our belief that education is a partnership between pupils, teachers and parent/carers
• Demonstrates commitment to high expectations of children’s attainment and behaviour
• Has excellent interpersonal skills and recognises the importance of well-being for every pupil, family and staff member
• Can promote our Christian ethos within our Church of England school
We can offer you:
• A warm welcome and valued place on our leadership team
• A very committed and dedicated team, supportive Governing Body and Parish community
• Positive, well-behaved pupils who are enthusiastic and eager to learn
• Opportunities for continued professional development.
• A rural school in an idyllic location, 15 minutes from the coast and 5 minutes from historic Battle
Visits are welcomed following COVID 19 protocols. To arrange please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am, Thursday 17 June 2021
Interview date: Week Beginning 21 June 2021
Job description and application form available on our school website www.catsfieldcep.e-sussex.sch.uk or email email@example.com for an application pack. (Please note we do not accept CVs).
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be expected to hold or be willing to obtain Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
All school based staff have the responsibility for promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children. All school staff should be aware of the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and work in accordance with this document at all times.