Closing Date: 13 June 2021
An exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team as a Support Officer to the Assistant Director for Regeneration at Medway Council.
To provide an outstanding, professional, wide-ranging support service for the Assistant Director (AD) and the Regeneration division to enable an effective and efficient service. Providing key administration and logistical support supported by Council’s standard administration practices. The major focus will be around the AD’s and Heads of Service’s necessary duties in delivering the Council’s Regeneration programme including the Housing Infrastructure Fund (HIF) New Routes to Good Growth scheme.
- SPECIFIC TASKS
- To organise the daily workload, diary management and filter and co-ordinate all communications, ensuring urgent matters are shared at the earliest opportunity with the AD and Head of Service’s as appropriate. To respond to routine correspondence without direction.
- To provide high-level support for meetings of the AD and Regeneration division and HIF team, including attending and minuting meetings in order to ensure all aspects of meetings are organised, agendas developed, and prompt action taken maintaining timely responses to deadlines at all times. Ensuring reports are produced to a high standard and that outcomes are communicated through the appropriate channels.
- The post holder will support with/manage some key projects, undertaking thorough research and analysis of associated topics, providing briefing notes and presentations and follow through on key outcomes from meetings.
- To be responsible for maintaining files, documents and correspondence and other papers ensuring that briefing papers are prepared in advance and correspondence is effectively monitored, including email correspondence.
- To provide administrative support in processing finances using Council systems.
- To act as the first point of contact for all internal and external customers providing a welcoming environment.
- To provide cover and support across the Regeneration division and HIF team as and when required.
Interviews will take place from Wednesday 16 June 2021
In return we offer you:
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Generous local government pension scheme package
- Access to wider training and development qualifications
- Flexible working scheme
- Travel plan discounts
- Car Benefit Scheme from Tusker
- Access to CAREFIRST advice & counselling service
- Employee discount scheme for national and local retailers
- The Government has introduced new ways of supporting parents with childcare costs. Further details are available here: - https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
Medway is a unitary authority in the South East of England, made up of the towns of Strood, Rochester, Chatham, Gillingham and Rainham and more rural areas, including the Hoo Peninsula.
Situated in Kent in the South-East of England, the area has plenty of green spaces, excellent facilities and easy access to the national motorway and rail networks, facilitating superb transport links to London.
We provide all local Government services for a quarter of a million people, looking after education, environment, social care, housing, planning, business and much more - everything from frontline services such as rubbish collection and events like the Dickens Festival to work that goes on behind the scenes to ensure services in Medway run smoothly and cost effectively.
Working at Medway Council means that you get to be part of this journey working alongside talented, professional colleagues to drive forward change to transform the lives of our residents and the communities they live in.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the recruiting manager, please call Sunny Ee on 07702513470
Please note that in accordance with current COVID-19 Government guidelines, in regard to social distancing, all interviews are likely to be held virtually via Microsoft Teams. Full details on how this will work will be sent to you, if your application is successfully shortlisted.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate all essential requirements as listed in the job profile
Equal Opportunities Commitment Statement
Medway Council is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All appropriately qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
For further information please refer to the Medway information pack available as a download or to view online
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 3 weeks of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted. All recruitment correspondence, including interview letters and contracts of employment will usually be sent out via email.
Please visit http://www.mindfulemployer.net/ for information on how Medway Council put good practices in place to ensure employees and job applicants who declare mental health issues receive the right level of support.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time prior to the closing date.