Salary: £19,312 - £19,698 pro rata per annum
Contract type: Fixed Term until Wednesday 31 August 2022
Working pattern: Part-time, Term-time only
Closing date: Friday 18 June 2021 at Noon
Interview date: w/c Monday 21 June 2021
Who to contact if you have a query: Lynne Szkolar - 01273 294881 Lynneszkolar@mileoak.brighton-hove.sch.uk
About the role
Mile Oak Primary School
Teaching Assistant (Level B)
Mile Oak Primary School, Graham Avenue, Portslade, Brighton, BN41 2WN
Tel: 01273 294880, email: email@example.com
Salary: NJC Level B - £19,312 - £19,698 (Pro Rata), 47.15 weeks/year
27.5 hours per week 8.30am – 3.30pm. (Fixed term until 31st August 2022)
Mile Oak Primary School is a large school in Portslade with 484 pupils on roll. We are currently on a rapidly improving school journey where we are supporting each other to drive school improvement. As a school we believe that it is our collective responsibility to ensure that every child achieves their potential.
Our children demonstrate excellent behaviours for learning and are consistently challenged by the exciting opportunities and creative curriculum that we offer. The School would expect you to share our core vision of thinking big and the school values of courage, respect, ambition and pride and to be fully involved in the life of the whole school.
Criteria - Qualifications/Experience/Skills & Abilities/Equalities
- NVQ 2 for Teaching Assistants or equivalent qualification or experience
- Understanding of relevant policies / codes of practice and awareness of relevant legislation
- Basic understanding of child development and learning
- Experience of working with or caring for children of relevant age
- Experience in the effective use of ICT to support learning
- Good numeracy / literacy skills
- A passion for reading
- An extensive knowledge of children’s literature across the primary age range
- Ability to relate to children and adults
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- To be able to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of Equalities and to be able to carry out duties in accordance with the Council’s Equalities Policy
Mid-day Supervisory Assistant (Monday to Friday, 1 hour per day)
Combined with above post NJC Scale 1/2 £18,328.21 – £18,933 (Pro Rata), 43.70 weeks/year
To be responsible for the supervision and to ensure the safety of pupils in all areas inside or outside the school building throughout the midday break.
Desirable skills, abilities and experience
- Ability to work to time constraints.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to support colleagues and contribute positively to team building and working together.
- Ability to listen and to communicate effectively with children.
- Ability to respond and act quickly to varying situations in a calm manner.
Please note that we do not accept Curriculum Vitae as a form of application. The job pack and application are available to download from:
https://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/content/jobs/council-jobs. Alternatively, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our school is committed to inclusion and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The school expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Friday 18th June at 12 noon
Interview date: Week beginning 21st June
Start date: 5th July 2021
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.