Salary: £23,080 per annum pro rata
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Part-time, term-time only
Closing date: Wednesday 29 June at 9am
Interview date: Monday 5 July 2021
How to apply: Please submit your application online by visiting http://arkblacklandsprimary.org/vacancies
Who to contact if you have a query: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
Higher Level Teaching Assistant - EYFS
Ark Blacklands Primary Academy
Are you someone who has high expectations and a desire to improve the life chances of pupils? Do you want to belong to a school which is continually striving to improve life chances of its pupils?
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic Early Years Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) from September 2021. This is a newly created, permanent role within our school suitable for someone who already holds an HLTA qualification or is willing to study for one.
Ark Blacklands Primary Academy is a popular and over-subscribed school in the heart of Hastings. It has been graded as ‘Outstanding’ in all areas by Ofsted and has a proven track record of raising standards for its pupils, particularly our most vulnerable. As Hastings has been recognised as an ‘Opportunity Area’, the academy is pivotal in ensuring our children get the best start in life, no matter what their background.
We have a dedicated staff team committed to providing the best possible education for our pupils. We require dynamic and resilient individuals who are ready to make a real impact in transforming pupils’ lives. If you have a passion for education, we can offer you both support and challenge to develop further as a classroom teacher and future leader.
As an EYFS Higher Level Teaching Assistant your role will involve helping to implement delivery of the Early Years curriculum assisting in planning and the management/preparation of resources, which could include some specialist knowledge in particular areas. The successful applicant will also provide cover for whole classes within the year group. We can offer you a friendly, supportive school and excellent opportunities for professional development.
The successful candidate will:
• have experience of working with primary aged children, preferably in the EYFS;
• have good literacy and mathematical skills;
• be hard working and adaptable to change;
• ideally have experience of observing children’s learning;
• have experience covering for the teacher with whole classes;
• hold an HLTA qualification or be willing to study for one.
We strongly encourage you to visit the academy to meet us and find out more about this post. Please contact Mrs. N. Rankin on 01424 429279 or via email at email@example.com to arrange a visit.
As a member of staff at Ark Blacklands, you will be part of Ark, an international charity and one of the UK's most successful multi-academy trusts, with a network of 38 schools in 4 locations across the country.
We work hard to recognise hard work
• We strive to recognise your achievements and celebrate your success;
• You will have access to health packages, discounts at major retailers, travel loans and other benefits, through the Ark Rewards scheme;
• We take CPD seriously, which is why we offer twice as many training days as standard;
• We provide an array of development programmes for our staff including supplying you with the training and support you need to become the best you can be.
Click here to find out more about the benefits of working for Ark Blacklands Primary Academy.
Visit our website, www.arkblacklandsprimary.org for more information about our school.
Ark Blacklands Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.