Salary: £18,375 per annum pro rata
Contract type: Fixed term 12 months
Working pattern: Full-time, term-time only
Closing date: Friday 25 June 2021 at 9am
Interview date: Wednesday 30 June 2021
How to apply: To apply, log into our Job Portal which can be found on our website here: https://arkblacklandsprimary.org/vacancies
Interested in this exciting opportunity? Please contact Mary Quinn on 01424 429279 or email@example.com to arrange an informal chat or a visit.
About the role
Are you a recent graduate who is interested in education and considering taking on teacher training in the future? Would you be keen to get paid, in-class experience where you can learn from excellent teachers in a fast-paced primary school setting?
We are seeking to appoint a Graduate Teaching Assistant to support teachers and pupils for 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday from September 2021.
Ark Blacklands is a popular and over-subscribed school in the heart of Hastings. As part of the Ark schools’ network, we are committed to making sure that every child has access to a great education and real choices in life. We know that great schools need great staff, which is why we offer you the very best training and support at every stage of your career.
As a Graduate Teaching Assistant, you can expect to receive the following:
• A fantastic school-based experience in an Outstanding Primary School.
• An excellent opportunity to gain experience from first class teachers daily.
• Access to professional development via both the school and the Ark Network.
• The opportunity to go on to apply for the Ark Teacher Training programme from September 2022.
This is an exceptional opportunity for graduates who are considering teaching as a future career! Read more about ATT at https://www.arkteachertraining.org/
The successful candidate will:
• Have a passion for education and a desire to work in a class-based role supporting pupils of all abilities and backgrounds to make sustained progress.
• Have a strong degree (ideally at least 2:1), solid A-Level and GCSE grades
• Have a confident personality and the ability to engage pupils from all backgrounds.
• Be empathetic and ensure the schools values underpin all that they do.
• Work closely with students, parents, and staff to unlock full potential.
If you have a passion for education, we can offer you support and challenge to develop further. By joining the Ark schools network, you will gain access to an exclusive range of benefits including comprehensive CPD, reduced gym membership and large retail discounts.
Ark Blacklands Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.