We are looking for an experienced full time Business Change Senior Specialist to join our change and transformation team, supporting our Directorates with their large scale transformation programmes.
You will be part of an exciting new directorate that is here to drive continuous improvement, embed change and deliver our corporate strategic priorities within our organisation. We pride ourselves on our use of innovation and best practice to drive present and future programme development. We are continuously developing our relationships and engagement with our stakeholders and partners, which allows us to effectively embed change across our organisation and wider systems. Our team has a wide depth of experience and a proven track record of delivering large scale transformation across all directorates. We are now looking to enhance our team with a Senior Specialist who can bring their own expertise and experience, to help further develop our offer to our customers and enable us to become recognised in the local government arena as best practice leaders within change management.
If you want to work within a strong, forward thinking team focused on improving outcomes for our residents and striving to always be the best we can, through change activity you should consider joining us.
What you'll be doing and your duties :-
- Working alongside the Head of Business Change and Business Change Specialists, with the Director and their leadership team, to ensure Business Change covers the necessary aspects required to deliver any products, processes or services that will lead to benefits, such as service efficiency and effectiveness/financial efficiencies and improving outcomes for customers
- Solving problems and managing more complex issues, using judgement to make decisions
- Facilitating and driving sessions that support decision making and service planning
- Ability to challenge where appropriate and set outcomes that align to the wider corporate delivery plan and strategic priorities
- Working collaboratively alongside Project Managers to take responsibility for the governance of relevant change deliverables and programmes
- To deputise and represent, where appropriate, for the Head of Business Change
- Using innovation and industry best practice to constantly evolve the way we deliver our Specialism and support team members to grown and reach their full potential
- To support the extended senior management team within Digital & Change with the services strategy and vision for the future
Skills, Knowledge & Experience that we would like to see:-
- A good, practical and up to date understanding of change management methodology and approach. Particularly in a Local Government setting would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Experience of working within a successful Business Change/transformation environment with a proven track record of delivery
- An understanding of programme and project management methodology
- Ability to function as a self-starter with strong communication skills, able to communicate recommendations, clearly, concisely and compellingly to senior stakeholders and the wider business
- Adaptability, flexibility and able to multi task
- Knowledge of how local government operates
- Good IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Business Change Management qualification or experience in a business change/transformation environment.
- Evidence of continuous personal and professional development
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to join an excellent and dynamic team.
This is a full time role and some evening and/or weekends may be required.
Closing date: 11pm, 20th June 2021
Interview date: Likely to be w/c 28th June 2021
If you would like an informal chat to find out more, please contact: Lewis Borges at email@example.com
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CVs submitted without a fully completed online application form.