We are looking for an experienced Business Support Programme Manager on a fixed term temporary contract until 31 March 2022 for 2.5 days per week.
The Business Support Manager will be responsible for scoping, procuring and overseeing the delivery of the business support programme. We are looking for an individual who can come in and look at the existing business landscape and what support can be provided to businesses in Medway.
The ideal candidate will look at what support is currently being provided to businesses within Medway, scope for ways to assist businesses further, take it through to procurement and oversee the delivery.
We are looking for someone to come in at a consultant level who can think outside of the box and be creative in their ideas to help support Medway businesses and hit the ground running.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
- To scope, procure and oversee the delivery of the business support programme of the Additional Restrictions Grant Programme (ARG)
- To review a) the current and evolving business support landscape and associated programmes and interventions working with external and internal partners and b) intelligence on specific needs of Medway businesses and identify where there are gaps in provision; where existing programmes could be strengthened and supplemented; ideas for new support.
- Following the review, to identify, scope and develop a programme of business support interventions that the ARG can support to add value to the existing provision, and that can be procured and delivered by 31 March 2022.
- To lead on securing appropriate approvals internally within Medway Council for the business support programme
- To lead on procuring the projects and interventions in the business support programme asap to maximise delivery time
- To contract manage the business support programme projects and interventions ensuring delivery targets and deadlines are met.
- To monitor and report on the business support programme, ensuring it adheres to changing national guidance, policy, and the external environment
- To manage and monitor the ARG business support programme (c£2 million government allocation)
- To promote the ARG business support programme, working with internal comms team on promotional campaign to maximise uptake
- Lead on troubleshooting, enquiries, and client relationship management to ensure smooth delivery