The Finance Team are looking for an Assistant Accountant to become part of a reliable and efficient team. Are you an experienced Assistant Accountant or someone looking to take the next step in their career? Can you support budget holders to understand their responsibilities, think through issues logically to ensure the answer works helps achieve the outcomes of our medium term financial plan? If you can, we want to hear from you!
- AAT qualified or Equivalent (NVQ Level 4)
- Experience of working in a finance environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work to deadlines and work on multiple projects simultaneously
About the role…
The Assistant Accountant will:
- Support robust budget monitoring and forecasting processes to support the day to day operational and strategic management of the business
- Provide sound financial advice to senior management
- Undertake routine processing (e.g. journals) and assist in the maintenance of the general ledger (e.g. reconciliations and correction of errors; closing of periods; suspense/holding accounts clearance)
The successful Assistant Accountant will be a key part of a forward thinking and innovative finance team that provides professional accountancy services to support delivery of Financial and Corporate Accounting services.
The Assistant Accountant interviews will be held week commencing 14th June 2021.
Our offer to you:
We offer work that makes a difference to people’s lives, flexible and agile working; a safe working environment; structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme; occupational health service and flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
FIND OUT MORE
To learn more about working with us visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk or if you have any queries about this role please contact Andrew Merry, Finance Manager on 01572 758152 or at email@example.com
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758343 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All recruitment correspondence, including interview details, will be sent out via email from the Jobs Go Public site. If you require documentation/correspondence in an alternative format, please contact the Recruitment team.
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.