Hours of work: 37 hours per week
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Sunday 20 June 2021
Interview date: 07 - 09 July 2021
For an informal discussion, please contact Jane Blanchard - Service Support Manager on 07824 866 960.
About the role
The East Sussex County Council Service Hub provides IT support to approx 5,000 council staff and we are looking for a Service Hub Manager to provide excellent customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Maintain and supervise the day to day operation of the IT&D Service Hub, providing single point of contact for incidents and requests.
- Deliver first class technical support with excellent customer service
- Management of the Incident Process
- Ensuring incidents are escalated and managed according to their severity and impact on business-critical systems
- Assist with Major Incidents when necessary, ensuring customers, IT&D staff and senior stakeholders are kept up to date.
- Produce statistics reports and assist with management reports.
- Monitor and support the performance management and development of team members using a coaching approach.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of managing a Service Desk or medium size team
- Experience of using an ITSM tool
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment including, Incident, Service Request, Problem Management and Change Management
- Mobile Device Management
- Strong management experience
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Exceptional analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to deal with difficult or demanding situations in a calm and professional manner
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to http://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check. Please note that we require evidence of an overseas police check if you have lived or worked abroad.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.