Hours of work: 25 hours per week (Mon-Fri 06.30-11.30)
Working pattern: Part-time
Closing date: Sunday 25 July 2021
Interview date: tbc
For an informal discussion, please contact Mahendra Parmar 01323 466242 / 07500977115
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our domestic team at The Lansdowne Secure Children's Home in Hailsham.
Hours are 25 hours a week, 06.30-11.30 Monday- Friday.
About this role:
• Essential infection control work, you will maintain a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the Home (working with other domestic cleaners).
• Regular duties will include cleaning and polishing of lounges, bedrooms, washrooms, corridors, common rooms and offices.
• Changing bed linen, washing, drying, and packing away of laundry.
• Carpet shampooing and ‘spring cleaning’ tasks.
• To use electrical equipment safely - i.e. hoover, washing machine, dryer and carpet cleaner.
• To be aware of the usage and storage of materials and equipment and comply with COSHH requirements at all times.
• To be aware of hazards and work within a safe environment, taking into account your own safety and the safety of others.
• To ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
• Order/restock toiletries, soaps, towels etc as and when required.
• Other domestic tasks as directed. You will be supervised and supported by the home management team and will take instruction from them. Your daily aim is to keep a busy home clean and organised. You must therefore be self-motivated and work efficiently and effectively. Experience is desirable but not essential. Ongoing training and support will be given.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check or Enhanced check for Regulated Activity with the Disclosure & Barring Services (previously the Criminal Records Bureau). For further information about what is required in this process please go to http://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check. Please note that we require evidence of an overseas police check if you have lived or worked abroad.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.
Work Permits: we may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Border Agency’s Points-based Immigration System.
Due to the restrictions we cannot guarantee that individuals that meet the requirements of the Points-based Immigration System will be issued with clearance to obtain work permits.
East Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.