Here at Longhill High School, we have begun a journey to outstanding and we are looking for enthusiastic, determined and inspiring staff to join us. We pride ourselves on having a bespoke staff training programme which supports further development and learning.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking ICT Technician apprentice to join the IT support team at Longhill High School. The team supports a user-base of over 1000, providing Windows clients and a mixed Windows/Linux backend.
About the role
We are looking for an individual to join our team:
- Learn to work independently and show initiative in providing an ICT support service covering a range of hardware, software and peripherals. This includes administration of the network, maintenance of related equipment and other learning resources.
- Learn to maintain aspects of the school website, database administration and occasional staff training.
- Learn to work logically and methodically to strict deadlines, as well as being reactive to issues that arise daily.
- Learn to maintain accurate manual and electronic records relating to all IT resources and work carried out.
- With excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a good sense of humour and who is committed to being involved in Longhill High School life.
- Ideally with prior experience of working in an educational setting and has a minimum Level 2 qualification in the related area or equivalent.
- To be responsible for the management of warranties relating to ICT equipment in school and learn to take charge of equipment maintenance issues.
- With a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office/Office 365 and Windows 7/10.
- With some prior knowledge or experience of Linux and domain administration being an advantage.
In return we can offer you:
- A welcoming, friendly school with happy, confident children who enjoy learning.
- Caring and committed staff.
- A dynamic team willing to train and assist you in your career.
Enquiries & How to Apply
If you would like to discuss the role or arrange a visit to the school, please contact Headteacher’s PA email@example.com
Please return your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by post for the attention of Headteacher’s PA, Longhill High School, Falmer Road, Rottingdean, Brighton BN2 7FR
In order to apply for an apprenticeship at Brighton & Hove City Council, you must have been ordinarily resident in the EEA for at least the previous three years on the first day of the apprenticeship or have some other residency eligibility status. Please see Annex A of the latest employer funding rules: Apprenticeship funding rules - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). If you are resident through a visa, leave to remain or other means please confirm type and that any expiry date covers the duration of the apprenticeship once it is due to start. Those on a student visa may not be eligible. For further information regarding apprenticeship eligibility please see Annex A of the latest employer funding rules: Apprenticeship funding rules - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.