Do you have experience in Special Educational Needs? Do you enjoy the rewarding work of seeing children flourish despite their challenges? For this 12 month fixed term contract, we are looking for an enthusiastic SEND Case Officer to support the work of our SEN Team…
Who you are…
- Educated to Level 5 or equivalent professional qualification
- Confident, experienced and knowledgeable, with a background of working with children and young people with SEND and undertaking assessments
- Good knowledge of SEND regulations and Children’s Services
About the role…
- This is a varied role in a small team that works in partnership with parents, carers and other agencies
- Has responsibility for supporting statutory assessments and reviews of Education, Health and Care Plans
- Manages queries/referrals coming into the team, undertakes assessments and creates robust child centred plans, to achieve positive outcomes.
The successful SEND Case Officer will be passionate about ensuring children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities receive the appropriate support resources and education they need to achieve their maximum potential for learning and independence.
We are offering the SEND Case Officer post either as a full time post of 37 hours per week or as a part time post working 26 hours per week.
The successful SEND Case officer will be subject to an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The costs for the DBS are paid by us.
The SEND Case Officer interviews will be held on week commencing 14 June 2021.
Please note, previous applicants need not apply,
Our offer to you:
We offer work that makes a difference to people’s lives, flexible and agile working; a safe working environment; structured salary reviews; generous annual leave entitlement plus 8 days paid bank holidays; local government pension scheme; occupational health service and flexible working policies to enable you to balance work and home commitments.
FIND OUT MORE
To learn more about working with us visit https://jobs.rutland.gov.uk or if you have any queries about this role please contact Helen Chester, Interim Service Manager on 01572 758124 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are experiencing problems or have any queries about the application process please call us on 01572 758343 or email us at email@example.com
Rutland County Council is committed to Equality and Diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Everyone at Rutland County Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults and for ensuring that they are protected from harm.