An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a busy, friendly, and professional team within the Green Consultancy department of Lewes and Eastbourne Council’s within the Regulatory and place team.
We are looking to recruit 2 highly motivated people to deliver the Council’s Green strategy and promote biodiversity within the authority. You would advise the planning team, providing the Council’s ecological and landscaping responses to planning consultations, assist with conservation and environmental issues, environmental improvements, nature conservation, and arboriculture.
You will provide advice and guidance to colleagues, Council members and the public ensuring that Council policies and actions enhance biodiversity conservation.
You will develop and promote partnerships to deliver ecological and biodiversity conservation improvements. as well as providing advice regarding the Council’s duties in relation to management of its land, nature reserves, SSSI’s and buildings. You will also be involved in the management of common land.
You will be required to have obtained a qualification in ecology, conservation management or other relevant field and, ideally, experience of dealing with planning issues.
- A degree in ecology or a related subject
- Professional ecological / arboricultural experience.
- Relevant professional ecological experience.
- A working knowledge of current and evolving wildlife policy and legislation
- Good written and verbal communication
- Enthusiasm for ecology and the environment in the UK
- An organised approach to work, flexibility and a high level of motivation
- A full driving licence and access to your own transport
The authority has moved to home working and therefore the role will involve home working combined with site visits.
Interviews for this post will take place virtually via Microsoft Teams.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 17 June 2021.