Bursting with culture, innovation, energy and opportunity, Waltham Forest is a place people want to live, raise a family, start a business and work. The pandemic has meant that delivering fantastic local services are more important now than ever, over this past year we have risen to new challenges through the adoption of new ways of working and innovation in service delivery, enabling us to continue to make a difference for our residents. Public service has been at the heart of our response to Covid-19 and our new strategy sets out how we will continue to change our ways of working to become a more modern, efficient and responsive organisation, and we want to build on the success of recent years our local response.
Housing is central to our future plans and our priority is to ensure everyone has a decent roof over their head. Now is an exciting time to join our Housing Services department as we seek to rebuild from the pandemic and take advantage of further opportunities to grow and innovate. We are looking for the right people with the initiative and commitment to make our ambitious plans a reality!
Temporary Accommodation Contracts Manager PO5
This post is based in Housing Options
The post holder is responsible for the development and delivery of effective contract management framework, managing teams of officers delivering an effective property management, contracts, and compliance management service across all types of temporary accommodation.
To work closely with the team, with Housing Solutions colleagues and with temporary accommodation providers to ensure that void periods in Council-owned temporary accommodation are minimised, property standards particularly health & Safety issues in all categories of temporary accommodation are maintained, and the
service’s database carries accurate information on, occupation, customer contacts and the resolution of repairs issues.
The successful candidate must have the following skills/attributes
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of homelessness legislation
- An extensive knowledge of the statutory framework governing temporary accommodation (TA) management, for both privately owned TA and Local Authority owned TA
- The ability to interrogate reports and link the analysed data to existing procedures or where appropriate write new procedures and deliver training to the affected team/s.
- Must evidence management of anti-social behaviour in TA, and the ability to build relationships with the ASB team, the Police, the Safer Neighbourhood team, and other teams as appropriate.
- An extensive knowledge of the management and compliance of health & safety issues in all types of TA. This includes FLAGE.
- Can evidence management of a high performing team and/or turning around a poorly performing team.
- Evidence of developing and maintaining professional relationships with Councillors, MPs, and Senior Leadership teams where appropriate