The Kickstart Scheme is part of the government’s 'Plan for Jobs' and seeks to help get 16-24 year olds who are claiming Universal Credit and are struggling to find work, into employment during the Covid-19 pandemic.
We are delighted to be offering some great Kickstart placement opportunities at Huntingdonshire District Council. Each job placement will support successful applicants to build their confidence, gain hands-on paid experience in a real workplace, and learn important transferable skills.
We have a number of administration roles where you will gain office-based experience across MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint as well as working as part of a team, answering phone calls, dealing with email correspondence, filing documents and answering queries from customers. These placements offer a great opportunity to gain invaluable office-based administration experience.
During your six-month placement you will receive comprehensive training across a number of areas, including developing your CV, career guidance and training specific to the role to enable a successful placement.
Key benefits include:
- A real job with specified tasks, earning minimum wage and working 25 hours per week
- Full induction to Huntingdonshire District Council and your team to help you navigate your new role
- Assigned a mentor to provide support in identifying career goals
- Career guidance interviews
- Training and coaching to develop your application, CV and interview skills
- Support to identify and showcase your experience and achievements
- Opportunity for a look into other areas of the Council, including Finance, HR or IT
- A personalised Development Plan, giving you confidence to move to the next stage of your career
If you are interested in a placement with Huntingdon District Council, you must be registered with Jobcentre Plus and claiming Universal Credit . We are only able to accept applications from individuals who have been referred by their Work Coaches. Please either speak to your Work Coach at DWP or if you have any questions regarding the scheme, roles on offer or how to register please email email@example.com for more information.
We want to employ staff who embody our icare values (Inspiring, Collaborative, Accountable, Respectful, Enterprising) all of which support our ultimate purpose of putting our customers first.