Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. In April 2019 we moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About the Team
This role sits within the Heritage and Arts team. While this role relates specifically to the National Lottery Heritage Fund funded redevelopment of Boston Manor House the team have responsibilities which include the other borough managed historic house, Hogarth’s House, as well as a range of involvement in heritage and arts provision across the borough and its cultural provisions.
This role will supplement the existing Learning Manager and Volunteer Co-Ordinator who currently works three days per week from Monday to Wednesday. It is envisioned that this role will work two and a half days from Wednesday to Friday each week.
- To deliver the learning elements of the National Lottery Heritage Fund funded Boston Manor Engaging the 21st Century project in the build-up to the sites reopening in 2022.
- To engage with existing and look to recruit new freelance staff to help deliver specific learning objectives including those focused on schools and audience development.
- To engage with existing volunteers and recruit new volunteers in line with the project Action Plan.
- Building and maintaining relationships with community groups and partners organisations to ensure the project Action Plan is delivered with the most thorough community engagement possible in the build up to reopening the site.
- Ability to think creatively and convert ideas to create imaginative and innovative activities and learning experiences.
- Excellent networking and partnership working skills.
- Ability to engage with diverse audiences across a wide ability and age range.
- Flexible approach to work, ability to prioritise and cope with varying pressures and deadlines.
Essential for The Role
- University degree level or certified level in relevant vocational qualifications or can demonstrate equivalent experience.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact email@example.com or 020 8583 5972
To apply please visit www.hounslow.gov.uk/jobs and search for the role using the job title.
Interviews will be held during week commencing 28th June 2021
Closing date: 11th June 2021