Are you interested in working with people with special care needs? Do you enjoy a varied role? Are you adaptable to a changing routine?
We are seeking Personal Care Assistants to work with people in the Reading and surrounding area.
Common tasks include:
- household chores such as washing, ironing, cooking and cleaning
- helping with dressing and personal hygiene
- looking after pets
- transport and going out with you
- help with medical appointments and medication
Experience in the care sector is not essential as training will be given. Online learning and classroom training where applicable, is provided.
You will be working with people with an ongoing health conditions and disabilities. A positive attitude to disability is required.
Up to 20 hours weekly, £9 - £12 per hour.
- The ideal candidate will be reliable, friendly, confident and have good timekeeping
- Confident driver required with own car (e.g. for going to medical appointments)
- Good standard of written and spoken English required
- Some service users may require the use of a wheelchair. Most wheelchair users have a wheelchair designed to come apart to fit all car sizes.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check
For further information on how to become a Personal Assistant or for an application form, please contact the PA Market Development Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07812 478 642