Salary: £25,714 - £41,604 + possible TLR 3 payment
Contract type: Permanent
Working pattern: Full-time
Closing date: Monday 17 May 2021 at 10am
Who to contact if you have a query: Sarah Bamford, Senior Assistant Headteacher, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01323 514326.
About the role
We are looking for an imaginative and skilled Teacher of MFL ideally with German to KS3 who is committed to our vision and virtues and driven by the desire to improve the life chances of young people. The job description and person specification in the pack describe what the post entails and the type of person we are looking for.
Annual salary is TMS/UPS + possible TLR 3 payment for a suitably experienced candidate looking to develop their leadership skills and willing to take on responsibility in a department during the academic year 2021-22 in the first instance.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in an innovative and highly successful MFL department. The department strongly believes in the importance of developing an interest in other cultures as well as the languages they speak. Outcomes in the department are consistently well above national average for all three MFL languages, with a significant proportion of students achieving the highest grades in German, French and Spanish. Since September 2019 Ratton has also started delivering Mandarin and is committed to the Mandarin Excellence Programme with an accelerated cohort in both year 7 and year 8. Ratton has maintained its International School status for the last eight years, recognising the extensive co-curricular work led by the MFL department. For the last four years Ratton has also led the East Sussex MFL hub, sharing their excellent practice with teachers across the county. Students in all years enjoy their MFL lessons and make excellent progress.
You will be joining an ambitious and highly supportive organisation which offers:
• An excellent induction programme for teachers joining the school.
• A strong commitment to professional development which will improve your leadership skills, develop your understanding of whole school issues and prepare you for the next stage in your career.
• Motivated, enthusiastic and well-behaved learners who respond very well to active and engaging teaching and work well independently.
• A strong team ethos across the department and whole school.
We offer an incentive package which includes:
• A comprehensive induction programme for new staff to the academy.
• On-going investment into your career development through appropriate CPD including leadership development.
• Support and mentoring by a strong Senior Leadership Team and other experienced leaders.
• Access to the Bike 2 Work scheme allowing up to 42% discount on the cost of bikes and equipment.
• Full use of an employee assistance programme supporting wellbeing.
• A fabulous staffroom with complimentary tea and coffee.
• Complimentary breakfast of tea and toast.
• Subsidised membership of Benenden Healthcare (affordable alternative to private health insurance).
• On-site parking.
• Enviable setting and extensive grounds.
If you decide to apply for this post, please use the information provided and your own expertise to complete the application form, which can be downloaded from our website at www.ratton.co.uk/Vacancies and return to Mrs Barrow, Executive Assistant, at email@example.com by the closing date.
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact Sarah Bamford, Senior Assistant Headteacher, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01323 514326.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is part-time or term-time only.