Are you passionate about delivering an ambitious, proactive HR service? We have 12 Month Fixed Term Contract (FTC) available for a Senior HR Business Partner (SHRBP) to support maternity leave and you will work on various projects and support our various services across the council.
Come and join our fast paced, dynamic Human Resources function, working together as one team to provide an outcome focused service to our colleagues here at West Sussex County Council (WSCC).
WSCC is a diverse organisation that provides services to more than 850,000 residents every day. The Human Resources and Organisational Change Directorate provides critical support functions to our services, relentlessly focusing on delivering better and cost-effective outcomes. Our teams use their experience to enable and challenge the Council to deliver improved efficiency and effectiveness.
For more information, please visit our WSCC website.
About The Job
Salary: £55,959 - £59,222 (Full time equivalent)
Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week)
Contract Length: 12 Months
Location: County Hall, Chichester (flexible working options available).
Led by the Head of HR Business Partnering, you will work in a strategic and operational capacity assigned to a specific Directorate to lead a team of professionals to deliver human resources strategies, initiatives and interventions across significantly different services areas, working in partnership to deliver identified business needs and objectives.
You will lead on workforce priorities that will enable services to improve performance and deliver high quality services to customers. You will therefore work on complex employee relations issues, both at an individual and collective level, workforce planning and retention, organisational change and service redesign, as well as building and maintaining effective relationships with trade unions.
You will work as part of a senior leadership team of the services you support, providing professional expertise, insight, and analysis of HR, workforce, and cultural matters in order to enable leaders to develop and implement strategies and interventions that promote a high performing, engaging and inclusive culture and work environment.
You will be part of the HR Business Partnering leadership team making a positive contribution to the development of the culture, skills, experience, and performance of the team and the development and support of a team of c30fte HR Support Officers, Advisors and Business Partners.
Experience and Skills
You will have a proven record of success in leading teams of professional HR and Employee Engagement specialists to deliver organisational objectives. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal credibly with our customers, senior managers and executives whilst being challenging, professional and commercially focused. In addition you will also be able to demonstrate the following key skills and experience.
- Up to date and expert knowledge and understanding of employment law, case law, and the application of this to decision making.
- Ability to establish, champion and drive the HR agenda, programmes and initiatives across Directorates and/or Services.
- Ability to build relationships with the business and support them to ensure they have the appropriate capacity, capability and engagement levels for the short, medium- and long-term horizons and to create an engaging work environment.
- Ability to identify significant and complex people risk and mitigate these through the application of expert advice.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- Level 7 CIPD qualification or equivalent.
- Substantial experience of leading and managing HR teams to ensure that all HR programmes and initiatives are delivered effectively and achieve the impact required.
- A good understanding of trade union negotiation and consultation practices and regulations and associated collective bargaining practices.
- Expertise in managing complex large-scale people change, reorganisations, and redundancy processes.
Rewards and Benefits
In addition to 29 days holiday as an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
For a full list of the benefits offered to you as a West Sussex County Council employee you can find them on our Rewards and Benefits page.
The reference number for this role is CRS00468.
Closing Date: Thursday 20 May 2021.
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.